Monday, August 25, 2008

analogies


well, things are moving pretty fast right now. I just bought a new(er) car, and it made me realize again that i'm not quite as frivolous or irresponsible as i used to be. I was laying in bed last night, thinking of the changes to come, and I visualized how I felt about my life right now. What came to me was a picture of me in a river current, beginning to go with the flow, rather than sideways down the current. I guess that 's pretty accurate about my feelings of my life. For a long time, i struggled against the forces around me, going in the wrong direction. Now i feel like I'm starting to turn, and things are going smoother. I know there will be bumps and scrapes along the way, but at least I can navigate them easier now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

that's a pretty good analogy, and if I must say (as someone who watched you thrash around in the water...)you've come along way, baby.